Monday, May 17, 2010

Hang in there

A couple of things have been rattling around in my head the last few days.

1.I was just thinking about how hard we are on ourselves at times. We want everything now but change takes time.
It's important sometimes to step back and look at the overall trend of your habits. I'd like to say that I will never eat chips again and have it magically happen. That's not realistic but I can look back over the past months and see improvement in my eating. In fact we were discussing how a bad day of eating now is much better than our good days were a few years ago. Yes, I have days that I decide not to eat well.

BUT look at the overall picture. Is the scale more friendly? Do you feel better? Do people say you are looking healthy? Do your cloths fit better? Do you see your scores going up on your weekly goal sheet? If so that is real progress.


2. heart rate- did you know your body can get so used to an activity that you start losing the benefit? How do you get around this?

Don't get to set in a routine or workout. Switch things up. If you run or walk regularly try adding weight bearing exercise.

Squats, lunges, push ups using body weight are a great way to get a good workout without equipment. You can use the IT method with these very easily by alternating a set of any of these with an equal time of rest or stretching. Each will give you an aerobic workout as well as stretch building. This works really well if you are stuck in a hotel.

You're doing great keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment