Monday, March 7, 2011

Karen's Amazing Smoothie

I fell in love with this smoothie when Karen first made it for he sabbath school class. I have waited to make it until we could get our new blender.

Finally after a year+ we have the perfect blender and smoothies are just that smoooooth. No more odd bits and pcs surprising you as you drink.

Here's the recipe:

Karen's Amazing Smoothie

1 banana
1 cup soy or almond milk
2 dates ( I left these out and it was still very sweet)
2 Brazil nuts
1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
6 almonds
Blend and enjoy.


The first time I made this I put in the soy milk and then decided to double the recipe. I forgot to double the milk and we had a very nice pudding. :-) The 2nd time I made it correctly and then tossed in a couple of frozen strawberries. It was delicious.

I can't wait to use the blender for my cashew cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment