Friday, July 16, 2010

Another Summer salad

I'm excited that I've found so many healthy recipes lately in very unlikely places. Randy our trainer today was talking about being healthy. His philosophy is exercise, eat simple food and drink water.
I have to mention one more benefit of higher intensity workouts. My resting heart rate has dropped almost 20 points. So my heart is getting more rest in the down time, so I recover quicker from any workout. I've mentioned before that every workout is fun even though it's high intensity but he is also working the entire body in each workout.
Anyway you're here for the salad recipe.

Mediterranean Garbanzo Salad
5 cherry or grape tomatoes halved
1 small zucchini or yellow squash chopped
1/2 can of garbanzos drained and rinsed
4 olives halved
1 TBS chopped parsley
1TBS olive oil
1TBS lemon juice.
2 or 3 lettuce leaves chopped.
Toss and either eat as a salad or use as a pita stuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment