Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Vegitarian meat & Potatoes cook book

Now here is a fun cookbook. Usually I like cookbooks that have lots of photos but this book doesn't need them. All of the basics are here pot roast, soups, stews, pot pies. The variety is amazing, there is even a recipe for scrapple. Your mouth will water just reading the recipes.

I shared the book with a friend and her comments was "look there are only 2 steps to most of the recipes". I think I found one with 5 steps. These would be great recipes if you have kids that want to help in the kitchen. I want to try the pot roast.

I've also been looking at vegan cheese. The vegetarians in paradise website had a review on many of the vegan cheese products. The ones with good review are not easy to find. I did find Sheesh in Whole Foods last week. I bought the strong cheddar and a Mexican creamy spread. The cheddar wasn't bad, we put it on boca burgers. The Mexican creamy spread was too sweet, it really tasted like a spiced cream cheese but with a really over powering sweetness. I still like my cashew cheese best but I'll keep trying.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment