Sunday, June 20, 2010

Working cook books

As promised I'll be bringing you my favorite working cookbooks. This will take several posts. One of the features a really serious cookbook should have, in my opinion, is a spiral binding. I hate trying to hold the book open and read it at the same time. I mean how many times have you spilled something on a page because you've had to set something on the book to hold it open? It's always something sticky. OH maybe that's just me. Anyway I 'm getting off topic.


My top pick for a working cook book is: Vegan Homestyle by Kay Hansen. This is the Betty Crocker of vegan cooking. The book is true to it's title and is home style cooking at it's best.



Everything I've tried in this book has been a delight. It's a little book ( all the easier to put it in your purse and carry around for some light reading) but packed full of recipes . There is a very yummy gluten recipe and then on the next page is the follow up, "what to do with gluten". I've been asked that question every time I mention making it.

Most of the recipes can be made from ingredients you already have in your pantry and are quick to prepare. So if you need some guilt free comfort food this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment